- Employees and their family
dependents (spouse, unmarried children to age 19, and students to age
24) are eligible for coverage if they live within our service area.
Annual Open Enrollment
- Once a year, employees must be given
the opportunity to change plans or add dependents not previously
- Employees and/or dependents who do
not enroll when first eligible must wait until the annual open
enrollment period to enroll unless enrollment is due to new dependents
or loss of other coverage.
- Your company qualifies for our small
group coverage if you have had at least 2 and no more than 50
full-time (at least 20 hours per week)
at least 50% of the previous calendar quarter from the
date of sale. Eligibility is defined as those living in the
Service Area as defined below.
California Enrollment Guidelines: Minimum of 1 enrolled, with at least
70% of eligible employees covered by an group health plan (I.e.
through their employer or their spouse's).
Employer's Contribution and Payroll
- Your contribution must be at least
50% of the Kaiser Permanente rate for single subscribers. Any part of
the cost not paid by your company must be collected from the employees
through payroll deductions.
- Kaiser Permanente membership begins
on the first day of the month following the waiting period that you
specify and continues through the end of the termination month.